Hey, uh, space cadet, you wanna come back down to Earth?
Lori was the ninth survivor of the crash to die and chronologically the last female survivor to die in the entire series.
The Final Destination
Lori and her friends visit the McKinley Speedway for a study break. When Nick has a premonition that a car crash will cause the speedway to collapse on the guests he panics and a fight breaks out between him and several other spectators, who follow him out of the stadium moments before the accident occurs. Once outside, the group witnesses Nadia Monroy's death.
After the accident, Lori, Nick, Hunt and Janet go to Death by Caffeine. There, they see a news report for a memorial service being held at the McKinley Speedway, and Lori and Nick decide to go to pay their respects to the victims. The next day at the memorial service, they meet George Lanter and Carter Daniels.
The next day, Lori gets a call from Janet, who informs her that Carter has died, and Lori changes the channel to watch the news report on his death. When Nick arrives, he sees this and realizes that he saw clues as to how Carter was going to die the night before. After Samantha Lane's death, Lori and Nick decide to do some research, and find out about similar situations of accident survivors dying in freak accidents. They try warn Hunt and Janet, that Death is still after them, but they don't believe them and leave.
Lori and Nick go back to the speedway to try to find out which order the survivors were meant to die in, but they are caught by George. George takes them to the security office, and tries to help Nick remember the order by showing him security footage from the accident. After learning that Andy Kewzer is next, they go to the mechanic shop to warn him, only for him to be killed. They then realize that Hunt and Janet are next. As Nick leaves to go save Hunt, she and George rush to save Janet. Although Hunt dies, they manage to save Janet. After saving her, Lori talks to George who tells her that he no longer cares whether he lives or dies.
As Lori and Nick safe proof their apartment, a gust of wind knocks over a cup of coffee that stains a newspaper. The combination of the untouched words "Through Action they were saved" leads them to believe that saving Janet had saved them. They visit George as he attempts to commit suicide. After George explains his multiple failed suicide attempts, they conclude that saving Janet ruined Death's plan, and celebrate with apple cider.
Three days later, Lori goes shopping with Janet. Afterwards, they go to see a movie, and Lori starts to notice similar omens that Nick saw before the speedway accident. Meanwhile, Nick has another premonition of a disastrous explosion at the mall that was going to kill him, Lori, Janet, and several others. He rushes to the mall and prevents the disaster.
Two weeks later, Lori, Nick, and Janet meet up at Death By Caffeine. While Lori and Janet talk, Nick notices several omens referencing the past events that occurred earlier that month, and realizes that everything that they've been through was only a feint meant to lead them to where they needed to be for Death to strike. As he relays this information to Lori and Janet, a scaffold next to the coffee shop falls over and lands in the middle of the road. A truck swerves to avoid hitting it and crashes right into the coffee shop killing Nick, Lori, and Janet.
Lori is thrown into a pillar in the coffee shop, which twists her neck, causing her head to fall forward.
- The shop Lori is in is called DEATH BY CAFFEINE.
- The coffee machine sounded like a screaming woman.
- Nick sees a woman reading about the movie LOVE LAYS DYING.
- Nick notices the TV is turned onto a speedway racing match.
- Nick sees a scratched-out sign on the table saying IT'S COMING which is replaced by a sign that says IT'S HERE.
- Nick sees a photo of the pool where Hunt died.
- Lori says that she and Nick will be traveling to Paris, which was where Sam, Molly, Alex and his friends were planning on going to until their Flight 180 plane exploded.
- Lori sees a popcorn bucket which says "COMING SOON! 'Till Death Do We Part" while watching the movie.
- During the movie, as well, a man stands up and yells "Down in front, asshole!", just like someone said at the beginning, right before the car crash scene.
- Lori was supposed to have been crushed in the belt of an escalator, but Nick intervened, skipping her.
- An EXACTO knife falls on Lori's head in a photo, foreshadowing that she will die of a head injury.
- While shopping with Janet at the mall, Lori's foot is continuously bumped by a toy car. The car is a model of Car 6 at the speedway. Moreover, the car tells Lori that her newly bought shoes will get caught in the escalator. Plus, in Nick's premonition of the Tagert Theatres explosions, this was the same foot that was caught in the escalator.
- In the refrigerator on Death By Caffeine, there is a sticker of Hice Pale Ale, it is a brand of beer featured in Final Destination 2 and Final Destination 3.
- On Final Destination Alex and Clear is talking about Death while drinking coffee and Alex saw a bus reflection on the window of the coffee store while Clear asks if they will choke to death. While Nick, Lori and Janet is drinking coffee in a shop a truck crush on them and before Nick entering the coffee shop, a bus with the number 180 crosses the street.
- Lori's head turned 180 degrees before snapping off.
- Before the Truck crashes, a bus with the number 180 can be seen.
- If you look closely at the truck that ends up killing her, you'll see that, oddly enough, it doesn't have any headlights.
- The Final Destination (portrayed by Shantel VanSanten)
- Final Destination 5 (archive footage in ending credits) (portrayed by Shantel VanSanten)
- In the film script, she is described as: LORI MILLIGAN, 24.
- Lori's zodiac sign is Capricorn.
- In the alternate ending, Nick finds Lori and Janet in the mall. He tells them it's not over, but he can fix it, and runs off with Lori and Janet chasing him, but they get caught in the crowd. He enters the theater construction site where the fire is, and grabs a propane tank. He decides to sacrifice himself and jump off the building from stories above, creating an explosion that sets off the mall alarm. Everyone in the mall has to evacuate and they are all saved from the disaster. Lori is then seen with Janet, crying and mourning, where Janet convinces her he's a hero for saving everyone. They think they have beaten death just like Clear Rivers and Alex Browning. However, just as Lori says "the chain is broken" a broken metal chain falls from the sky, where Lori picks it up out of curiosity. A moment later, they are crushed by a falling platform, leaving Lori's hand behind, holding the metal chain.
- The scene where Lori gets the aglet of her shoelace caught in an escalator is based on an unused scene from Final Destination 2 where Nora Carpenter got her shoelace caught in an escalator at a dentist's. This was originally the reason why her shoelace was untied during her death in the elevator, which she lent over to tie shortly before her hair got caught in a hook, leading to her death.
- Lori's death is the first death shown in the closing montage in Final Destination 5, along with Nick and Janet's deaths. Her death involving the escalator in Nick's premonition is also shown.
- It's baffling Lori was decapitated since she was only thrown into a wall.
- In trailers for Final Destination 5, you can hear Lori screaming "Nick!" over and over in a distorted, loud manner.
- Her vision death won the Primo Premonition award in Dead Meat's The Final Destination Killcount.
- Lori said "I should've seen that one coming" when her shoelace got stuck in an escalator. This same phrase was said by Clear Rivers when she was almost decapitated by a falling canoe.
|The Final Destination|
|Nick O'Bannon | Lori Milligan | George Lanter | Hunt Wynorski | Janet Cunningham | Jonathan Groves | Andy Kewzer | Samantha Lane | Carter Daniels | Nadia Monroy|
|Edward Lane | Ryan Lane | Daniel Lane | Danny Wall | Cheyenne | Richard | Dee Dee | Pedicurist | Pam Smith | Mr. Smith | Officer Craig Perry | Girl on Top | Homeless Man | Browning | Mrs. Lanter | Ms. Lanter | Larry | Usher | Mr. Suby | Scaffolder | Jackie Bissley | Jason Koffeman|
|McKinley, Pennsylvania | Death by Caffeine | Salon Dante | Grandstate Customs | Forest Lawn Country Club | Springfield Centre Mall | Tagert Theatres|