Look, I know this sounds crazy but... you guys all heard about Flight 180, right? The kid who got off the plane? It happened a year ago today? My premonition was just like his.
If the DVD bonus of Final Destination 3 is considered canon, Kimberly would have been the seventh survivor of Route 23 to die. If not, then she is one of the only two characters in the movie series to have successfully cheated Death, the other being Thomas Burke.
Kimberly was born in June 9, 1982 in White Plains, New York to Michael Corman. She is very close to her father, especially after her mother's death during a carjacking at a shopping mall. Kimberly continues to blame herself for what happened since she stayed behind to watch a news feed on Tod Waggner's death, while her mother was killed.
Kimberly attended college with her friends Shaina McKlank, Dano Estevez and Frankie Whitman, and was originally going to spend her spring break with her friends in Daytona Beach, Florida. She is shown to be an irritably overprotective and interfering control freak.
Final Destination 2
Kimberly decides to take Route 23 for the road trip to Daytona Beach. Before entering the highway, Kimberly has an ominous premonition of a highway pile-up caused by a log truck. She rudely and cowardly parks her car on the on ramp to prevent other drivers from entering the highway. Moments later she and the other drivers watch as the pile-up occurs. To her surprise, a truck smashes into her SUV, killing her friends. Afterwards, Kimberly and other survivors are interrogated by Officer Burke at the police station. There, Kimberly explains the similarities between her vision and Alex Browning's, and expresses her fear that Death will still be after the survivors.
The survivors disregard her theory, until survivor Evan Lewis dies in his apartment later that day. Kimberly and Thomas consult the help of Clear Rivers, the only remaining survivor of Flight 180 to save the other survivors of the pile-up. Clear leads Kimberly and Thomas to mortician William Bludworth, who claims that only new life can defeat Death. Kimberly concludes that if pregnant survivor Isabella Hudson has her baby it will break Death's list and they will all be safe.
The other survivors reunite at Thomas's apartment to look after one another until Isabella has her baby. After Nora Carpenter's death, the others leave to find Isabella. Along the way their van's tire suffers a blow out and they crash onto a nearby farm. After Eugene Dix is rushed to the hospital, Kat Jennings and Rory Peters each meet their demise. Kimberly, Thomas, and Clear rush to the hospital, and Kimberly has another vision that Dr. Kalarjian will strangle Isabella. After Thomas immobilizes Dr. Kalarjian, they see Isabella give birth and believe they have cheated Death. However, after Kimberly has another vision of someone with bloody hands in a submerging van, she realizes that Isabella was not meant to die in the pile-up.
Death and Resurrection
After Eugene and Clear are incinerated in an oxygen explosion (which also nearly kills both Thomas and Kimberly by sending a trolley towards them), Kimberly decides to sacrifice herself for Thomas sake by driving an ambulance into a lake. Luckily, Thomas manages to rescue her and she is resuscitated by Dr. Kalarjian, thus granting her "New Life". Sometime later she and Thomas go to a picnic with the Gibbons family, who tells them that if it wasn't for Rory their son Brian would be dead. To everyone's surprise, Brian is dismembered by a barbecue grill explosion moments later.
Choose Their Fate Death
Five years later, Kimberly went to a hardware store to ask for directions, where she encountered Burke. As they greeted each other, an unmanned vehicle began to drive down the road until it crashed into the store, nearly killing Kimberly and Burke. They rushed outside the back door at the last minute only to come into contact with a wood chipper, Kimberly got her coat caught inside the machine and was slowly sucked in. Burke tried to save Kimberly, but in the process, he got caught in the machine as well.
The Associated Press eventually detailed the circumstances of her death in an obituary. The full text of the article, which is also accessible in the DVD version of Final Destination 3, is presented below.
The scene that reveals their deaths is only featured as an optional part of the Choose Their Fates special feature on the "Thrill Ride DVD Edition" of Final Destination 3, that allows the viewer to choose between variations of scenes playing out, which can result in a substantially different viewing experience. It was not featured in the theatrical cut of the film and is generally considered to be non-canonical, though producer Craig Perry has said that the scene 'can be canon'.
- Kimberly avoided death thrice. She was almost hit by the Truck from Hell, but Burke intervened. She was almost hit by a trolley sent by the oxygen explosion that kills Clear and Eugene. She drove an ambulance into a lake and drowned, but she was revived.
- At the top of the page of the newspaper, there is a heading that says "COST OF COMMUTING | B2-3" which could possibly be referencing the Route 23 pile-up.
- When the pile-up occurs she notices the mile marker says: "NEXT 180 MILES".
- In her room there's a diary that says: "Road Trip" but Kim's keys are blocking the T making it say: "ROAD RIP".
- Kimberly notices a kid playing with two cars: a black 18-wheeler truck and a red mud flap truck. Ironically the kid is making them crash, referencing her premonition death and Death's first attempt at killing her.
- When she turns on her radio, she hears the news about Flight 180 anniversary and the song "Highway To Hell". Both foreshadow the Route 23 pileup.
- When she wakes up and looks at her TV, the man talking about Flight 180 tries to warn the viewers about becoming victims of death, which Kimberly ignored at first.
- Final Destination 2 (Portrayed by A.J. Cook)
- Final Destination 2 (novel)
- Final Destination: Looks Could Kill (mentioned)
- Final Destination 3 (Picture) (portrayed by A.J. Cook)
- Kimberly's zodiac sign is Gemini.
- Kimberly inadvertently play a part in Tim's death because had if she had not yelled "pigeons", Tim wouldn't have noticed and scared them and caused the chain reaction that leads to his death.
- In the original Final Destination, many characters are named after black-and-white horror film stars or directors. Kimberly Corman is named for famous horror director Roger Corman.
- Alex Browning, the protagonist and visionary of the first film was originally going to be in the sequel alongside Clear to help Kimberly, but was killed off after negotiations between actor Devon Sawa and the studio fell through. Had he appeared, this would've been the first instance in the series in which two visionaries were directly involved with each other.
- Mary Elizabeth Winstead auditioned for the role of Kimberly. She later starred in the next sequel.
- In the script, she was originally named KIMBERLY BURROUGHS, 24.
- A. J. Cook, who is naturally blonde, dyed her hair brown in order to differentiate from the other blonde characters (Clear, Shaina and Nora).
- The name Kimberly was originally going to be Clear's name. The name was recycled for this character instead.
- Kimberly and Thomas' deaths from Choose Their Fate are based from the death of Brian Morse who was trimming birch trees in Loveland, Colorado, when his gloved hand got caught in a wood chipper. He was pulled through the machine before anyone could help him, and his body was found inside completely mutilated.
- In a early script for Final Destination 2, Kimberly has several moments where she completely gives up and cries.
- Kimberly is the first female protagonist in the series. She was later followed by Wendy Christensen in Final Destination 3.
- Kimberly is one of only eight characters throughout the entire Final Destination franchise who have cheated Death using the New Life method. The others are:
- Thomas Burke, another survivor of the Route 23 pileup who was saved alongside Kimberly when she drowned.
- Jessica "Jess" Golden, a survivor of the Club Kitty collapse from Final Destination: Dead Reckoning who was revived after being electrocuted by a stun gun as she was crawling through a puddle.
- Jamie, another survivor of the Club Kitty collapse who was saved when he was revived alongside Jess after being shot in the chest.
- Juliet Collins, a survivor of the Mornington Crescent explosion from Final Destination: Destination Zero who was saved after drowning in the Thames River. She is also the only survivor who is known to have survived long-term, having mothered at least one child since her revival.
- Patricia Fuller, a survivor of the South Hill Metroline bombing and the great-granddaughter of Juliet Collins. She was revived after giving herself a fatal dose of anesthesia.
- Louise King, a survivor of the subway collision in Final Destination: End of the Line who was revived after being accidentally given a fatal dose of lidocaine by Kate Shelley.
- Abigail "Cabernet" Foster, a survivor of the Coral Clipper sinking from Final Destination: Looks Could Kill who cheated Death permanently after giving birth to her son Sky, who was supposed to have died along with her in the sinking. She is also the only person to have cheated Death in this manner.